Utility apps for Android are software products that make our smartphones even smarter. We can hardly imagine our mobile devices without life-saving features like flashlights, calculators, music players, and many other ones we use daily.
Let’s find out what are the best utility apps for Android and how to use them. In case you have a revolutionary idea to implement, we will also share tips on picking the best Android utility applications development services.
CamScanner is an app for document scanning. It allows you to scan the office documents and receive quality snapshots. Here are the features of CamScanner worth mentioning:
- Image editor. In addition to scanning documents, you can also edit them with a handy image editor;
- File export and cloud sync. CamScanner exposes multiple ways of exporting your files including numerous file formats and cloud storage;
- Customizable watermark. CamScanner cares about your business and lets you generate a customizable watermark to protect your documents.
CamScanner is undoubtedly one of the best utility apps for Android. Here at Gravum, we find it especially useful when dealing with sending documents and faxes all the time.
This is one of the best Android utility apps for car drivers, which tells you the location of the nearest gas stations and shows the best prices. All in all, you get:
- excellent navigator of gas stations. The application currently operates in the USA, Canada, and Australia;
- savings in gasoline costs. With the conveniently indicated prices for gasoline and fuel in the area, you can choose the best options on the go;
- simple and convenient interface. The app is incredibly user-friendly but asks for permission to collect user data.
This is a free app that is currently rated 4.4 stars on Google Play.
3. Google Assistant
Our Gravum software experts believe that Google Assistant is an entirely new approach to interacting with a smartphone. It is a sophisticated mobile software product consisting of the following features:
- Smart reminders. Type or talk to a Google Assistant about the things you need to recall later. Tell it to remember a parking lot section you’ve used or the time your bus arrives. Google Assistant will remind you when you need it;
- Organizer. Google Assistant will tell you the current traffic situation, table reservations, optimized routes, and many other everyday routine tips to make your life easier;
- Smart Home Control. Google Assistant integrates with the Smart Home modules such as lighting systems, music centers, smart kitchen, etc. Control your whole Smart Home with your voice via Google Assistant.
Whether you are an active person or just looking for the Smart Home management system, include Google Assistant in your “best android utility apps” list.
This is yet another among outstanding utility applications for Android that provides integration between another app installed on your smartphone. As a result, you get:
- new possibilities of interaction between applications. With IFTTT, you can easily upload photos from one application to another (for example, from Instagram to Telegram);
- perfect marketing solution. You can use this app to track company mentions in RSS feeds;
- home automation assistant. IFTTT provides IoT solution management.
The app has 3.8 stars on Google Play.
This is a free Android application that provides free unlimited access to web services via VPN without registration. With this one you will get:
- the ability to visit websites prohibited in your area. By changing the country of your connection, you will have access to millions of new websites;
- safety. If you are worried about the security of your Wi-Fi connection, this application will create a secure data tunnel;
- no time restrictions. You can be sure that the application will terminate the encrypted connection after a certain period of time.
The app has a paid version (with advanced functionality) and has 4.2 stars on Google Play.
Read also: Best News Apps For You To Use
LastPass is an award-winning password manager. Password managers are the apps storing all your passwords from all services, tools, applications. The only pass you have to remember is the master password – the key to your LastPass account.
LastPass is not only a password-saver. It also makes your online life easier by keeping your checkout credentials like shopping profiles and credit cards. As you can see, LastPass is both a secure and convenient mobile software product.
The Bottom Line
There are countless decent utility apps for Android out on the web. It is a matter of your preferences to choose mobile apps you like.
If you have a revolutionary mobile app idea that you want to bring to life, reach out to our Gravum Android development specialists. We are the experienced mobile developers striving to bring the best utility apps for Android to every customer.